Finally! There are so many online coding courses, but as a teacher that’s not what I need. I need a pedagogical angle to coding. This course helped me to understand how to plan and structure my coding teaching.— middle school teacher, Finland
This online course proceeds at participant’s own pace and takes ~25 hours to complete.
What to expect:
- Enhanced practical skills on how to teach coding in the most learner-friendly way.
- Understanding various pedagogical design principles for meaningful and collaborative learning.
- How to adopt teacher’s role.
- How to implement assessment of coding skills.
- Interaction with fellow participants and with Code School certified trainers.
In-service teachers can complete course work as part of their teaching profession (e.g., in their own classroom).
Participants who complete all the course tasks and tests successfully will earn a Digital Badge by Code School Finland, entailing that they understand the premises of 21st century pedagogy concerning programming education, and know how to utilize this knowledge in practice.