Date and time
Tuesday 25th May at 13:00 CET / 14:00 EET / 19:00 CST
Duration: 30 minutes
Studying future skills, such as problem solving and collaboration skills, ICT and media literacy helps ensure success in life no matter what the future is like. This webinar is to raise awareness on how schools in Finland teach coding and future skills. Our specialists will discuss the benefits and how schools in other countries can use the same approach.
Who should attend
- Parents who are interested in the Finnish education
- Parents whose children are not yet learning coding at school
- Members of the parent-teacher associations
Sirkku Tahvanainen, who is first and foremost a mother of two sons who attend primary school in Finland. As a Head of Education in Code School Finland she works with developing teaching materials in coding, robotics and AI.
Sirkku is interviewed by Megumi Iwata who is PhD candidate and researcher for computational thinking, digital fabrication and emergent technology in educational and learning sciences.
Code School Finland is a world-leader in providing modern STEAM education based on Finnish pedagogy and educational system. Our curriculum aligns with IB curriculum.
- Understanding how your child can benefit from the Finnish education
- Checklist of questions that determine the quality of coding education
- Participating PTA members will have a chance to schedule a FREE online Code School Finland sample lesson for their school.
Once you register with the form below, you will receive pre- and post event updates, including the log-in Zoom link. If you do not receive your link, please contact [email protected]